Testing human biomarkers using Luminex arrays is a convenient and cost-efficient platform for testing of multiple markers in a single biological sample.
The arrays include pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokines, anti-viral peptides, regenerative growth factors, cardiovascular panels, and metabolic hormone panels.
The platform lends itself to multiple applications, including the following examples:
- Cytokine panels from immune cell cultures in pre-clinical testing of natural products
- Cytokine panels from immune cell cultures, where an immune challenge is performed on cells from subjects participating in an immune study
- Growth factors and matrix proteins secreted by tissue cells (such as skin cells) during repair and wound healing
- Regenerative growth factor panels, including markers such as Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor and Stem Cell Growth Factor
- Panels of pro- and anti-inflammatory markers from clinical blood samples,
- Panels of cardiovascular markers, such as C-Reactive Protein and fibrinogen
- Panels of metabolic hormones such as Leptin, C-peptide and Adiponectin from clinical blood samples
- Protein arrays allow multiplex testing of up to 50 markers in a single biological sample
- Bead based multiplexing platform capable of performing qualitative and quantitative analysis of proteins and nucleic acids in a variety of samples
- CCD (charge-coupled device) based imaging cytometer able to multiplex up to 50 targets from a single reaction volume using magnetic microspheres
- Measures samples (20 – 200 μL) from a variety of 96-well plate formats (flat, round, and v-bottom). An entire plate can be processed in less than one hour
- Capable of temperature control between 35° – 60° C
- LED reporter channel excitation of 511 nm and LED classification channel excitation of 621 nm