Flow cytometry is one of the main tools we use in immune and inflammation clinical studies. It is also very useful in a number of pre-clinical tests for natural products.
Flow cytometry is a fluorescence-based particle analyzer, and performs highly sensitive analysis of particles such as living cells, in combination with fluorescent labels for cellular activation and functioning.
We use flow cytometry for evaluation of many types of cellular markers
- Cellular activation (such as Natural Killer (NK) cell activation)
- Cellular subset analysis (such as enumeration of stem cells in clinical blood samples)
- Intracellular proteins (cytokines, enzymes)
- Cellular uptake of fluorescent particles (such as in phagocytosis)
- Cellular functioning in cases where a non-fluorescent precursor dye becomes fluorescent in proportion to a cellular function